The Road Not Taken - Part II

The Road Not Taken - Part II

Intro: A man in 2018, taking inspiration from Robert Frost, stands in a divergent thinking which road would lead to his success, and re-writes the poem 'THE ROAD NOT TAKEN' as:-

Two roads diverged in a dusty city,
After knowing my story, you all would feel pity.
I know that I had to choose only one,
But which one to travel was a great confusion.

I made up my mind to travel in the first one,
Which wasn't easy to travel, as it was a busy one.
I tried to find my way out through the terrific traffic,
Leading to a situation that turned out to be very pathetic.

I found it more sensible to return try the other lane,
Where traffic was less bringing happiness to my face.
Walking for a lil' while, was like fighting a battle,
To my surprise, the road was filled with potholes and cattle.

I returned back to the divergent and thought.
I cannot push through the roads,
And have to change the way I had fought
It made me realize that something extraordinary had to be done.

These extraordinary skills would help,
In making bridges to cross the cross the potholes,
And surely would lead to the goals
The choice has to be made, to curse the potholes or make bridges over it.

- Upasana Dwivedy😉




Comments

  1. My favourite poet....Robert Frost
    This is so true in this world. I can relate to this new road better.
    Very well written🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts